Look for the Label
Each fall, as Butler Athletics launches another exciting season, concern regarding unlicensed merchandise grows. As a supporter of Butler University and Butler Athletics, we need your help to change this trend!
Why does this matter?
- It is illegal to use the Butler’s registered marks & names without permission.
- Licensing revenue provides assistance for our student-athletes and university
- Licensed product has been reviewed and approved with messages deemed appropriate to associate with our institution.
We ENCOURAGE entrepreneurs to legally produce merchandise bearing Butler marks! We have systems in place to assist individuals and businesses through the licensing process.
So how do you tell if the product is licensed or not?
- Look For the Label! A holographic label will appear on the packaging or tag of licensed product ready to be purchased.
- On game days, the Butler Bookstore and Hinkle Spirit Shop have exclusive rights to sell merchandise on campus property. If you see someone else selling merchandise, it is NOT licensed.
Please help! Don’t purchase unlicensed merchandise, and if you find it, please email Lindsay Martin, Manager of Sports Marketing & Promotions
Help us “Look for the Label” and become a stronger national brand as we enter the Big East.