No. 3 Ohio State Downs Butler, 7-0
Jan. 24, 2008
Columbus, Ohio - Ohio State showed the Bulldogs exactly why they are poised near the top of the national rankings on Wednesday (Jan. 23), as the No. 3 Buckeyes scored a 7-0 decision over Butler in men's tennis action.
After sweeping through the doubles competition to earn the first point of the match, OSU registered two-set victories in singles competition to complete the sweep.
Sophomore Ben Raynauld put together the Bulldogs' best showing of the match, claiming wins in five games at the No. 2 position before falling to Bryan Koniecko, 6-3, 6-2. No. 1 Eric Breitenbach, No. 3 Chris Herron and No. 5 Brandon Bayliss each tallied a pair of wins.
Butler continues its busy week against the Big Ten on Friday (Jan. 25) when it battles Northwestern beginning at 6:00 p.m. ET.
1. No. 6 Justin Kronauge (OSU) def. Eric Breitenbach (Butler) 6-0, 6-2
2. Bryan Koniecko (OSU) def. Ben Raynauld (Butler) 6-3, 6-2
3. Steven Moneke (OSU) def. Chris Herron (Butler) 6-1, 6-1
4. Shuhei Uzawa (OSU) def. Bryce Warren (Butler) 6-2, 6-0
5. Balazs Novak (OSU) def. Brandon Bayliss (Butler) 6-1, 6-0
6. Matt Allare (OSU) def. Sam Brown (Butler) 6-0, 6-1
Order of Finish: 6, 1, 3, 4, 5, 2
1. Matt Allare/Shuhei Uzawa (OSU) def. Eric Breitenbach/ Chris Herron (Butler) 8-2
2. Drew Eberly/Bryan Koniecko (OSU) def. Ben Raynauld/Bryce Warren (Butler) 8-1
3. Steven Moneke/Justin Kronauge (OSU) def. Sam Brown/Brandon Bayliss (Butler) 8-0
Order of finish: 3, 1, 2