No. 48 Kentucky Tops Butler, 6-0
Feb. 2, 2008
Lexington, Ky. - The Butler men's tennis team closed out its seven-match season-opening road trip on Saturday (Feb. 2), falling at No. 48 Kentucky, 6-0.
Freshman Chris Herron continued to impress in his early collegiate career, rallying from an opening set defeat to Alberto Gonzalez at No. 3 singles to notch a 7-6 decision in the second set. Gonzalez would pick up the final point, however, taking the third set 6-4.
The Bulldogs play at home for the first time on Saturday (Feb. 9) when they host Illinois State beginning at 2:00 p.m.
1. Marcus Sundh (UK) d. Eric Breitenbach (BU) 6-4, 6-4
2. Will Ward (UK) d. Ben Raynauld (BU) 6-2, 6-1
3. Alberto Gonzalez (UK) d. Chris Herron (BU) 6-4, 6-7, 6-4
4. Shane Collins (UK) d. Bryce Warren (BU) 7-5, 6-3
5. Alex Lambropoulos (UK) d. Brandon Bayliss (BU) 6-3, 7-5
6. Will Beck (UK) d. Sam Brown (BU) 6-3, 6-3
Did not play