Toledo Ends Butler Win Streak At Seven
March 29, 2008
Toledo, Ohio - Butler battled Toledo to four three-set singles matches but was unable to come away with the win, as the Rockets edged the Bulldogs in a grueling, 4-3, decision on Saturday (March 29) afternoon.
Butler picked up tough fought wins in three singles positions. Chris Herron scored a win at No. 3 singles, topping Sven Burus in a tight 7-5, 7-6 (5) bout. Bryce Warren, meanwhile, held off Nutthavit Likitkumchorn at No. 4 with a 6-4, 3-6, 6-1 decision.
Brandon Bayliss picked up his ninth win in his last 10 singles bouts, topping Jay Miller at No. 5.
Toledo opened the match by claiming the doubles point after winning at No. 2 and No. 3. Breitenbach and Herron combined to not a decision at No. 1.
Butler returns to action on Sunday (March 30) when it takes on league foe Wright State beginning at 2:00 p.m.
1. Breitenbach/Herron (BU) def. Likitkumchorn/Jared Miller (UT) 8-4
2. Burus/Clark (UT) def. Raynauld/Warren (BU) 9-8 (7-4)
3. Jay Miller/Wade (UT) def. Brown/Bayliss (BU) 8-3
1. Jared Miller (UT) def. Eric Breitenbach (BU) 4-6, 6-1, 6-4
2. Chris Clark (UT) def. Ben Raynauld (BU) 6-3, 3-6, 6-2
3. Chris Herron (BU) def. Sven Burus (UT) 7-5, 7-6 (7-5)
4. Bryce Warren (BU) def. Nutthavit Likitkumchorn (UT) 6-4, 3-6, 6-1
5. Brandon Bayliss (BU) def. Jay Miller (UT) 6-2, 6-7 (8-6) (5-1 retired, injury)
6. Wade Ward (UT) def. Sam Brown (BU) 6-2, 6-4